Land in the USA as a highly-skilled worker
- If you are skilled, US employers will welcome you
- A route to a green card
- Stay with your wife and children
You can now work in THE USA AS A HIGHLY-SKILLED WORKER:
The H1B Visa allows you to land in the US the fastest way. Provided you are skilled and can contribute to the economy of the US. To qualify for the H1B Visa, you need to demonstrate the necessary academic and vocational qualifications. Skilled personnel from IT, Finance, Architecture, and Medicine are always in great demand in the US. VisaMint Overseas Services handholds you through the process of getting an H1B Visa stamped in your passport. As an overseas consultant, we also help employers file H1B petitions for their skilled and professional employees.
Here are some necessary details of the H1B VISA:
The H1B Visa is one of the most sought after visas to apply for. The H1B Visa is restrictive in nature. It means the number of Visas issued per year is a specific allotted number. This makes the competition to get this Visa rigorous. The H1B Visa is the quickest way to get a Green Card too!
The H1B Visa is one of the most opted Visas by the Indians. Under the auspices of this Visa, you can:
- Land in the US with a meaningful employment
- You can extend the stay by getting the Visa renewed
- You can change the employer during your stay in the US
- You can bring your wife and children to the US under the grants of this Visa
The Necessary DOCUMENTS REQUIRED for the h1B Visa:
It would help if you had a minimum score of 12 points to get this Visa:
- A bachelor’s or a masters degree from the US or an eminent educational institution of your country
- 12 years of work experience ( if you do not qualify for the condition mentioned above)
- Both education and commendable work experience
The points are awarded in the following ways:
- You get 3 points for every one year of college studies
- You get 1 point for every one year of experience
Expenses Incurred for H1B visa:
- Standard H1B Filing Fee is currently – $555.The standard H1B filing fee is for the 1-129 petition.
- You can either pay the fee via an electronic medium or pay cash in one of the specified banks across India.
- You have to create your profile on the US Visa Service Website, check everything about the payment details, and ensure that the appointment is scheduled carefully.
- After paying the fee, you need to ensure that you seek an appointment within a year for your interview.
How does the L1 Visa Work?
L1 Visa falls under the non-immigrant visa category. Under the privilege of this Visa, overseas companies get to transfer their employees under two L1 Visa Schemes. The L1 Visa is for the transfer of executives, managers, or business owners for seven years, and the L1B Visa is for highly skilled employees who could transfer to a new or existing US office. To issue the L1 Visa, the US Company should have at least one year of a business presence outside the US considering the last three years.
The advantage of L1 Visa is that it has no quota. Unlike the H1B visa, the LI Visa can be issued many times. However, the company should be very large with a thriving business. It should undertake a comprehensive documentation process for each applicant and submit the petition to the USCIS in duplicate.
Indians can avail themselves of the L1 Visa. Indians, however, cannot migrate to the US under the E1 and the E2 Visas, which are restricted to professionals of certain nationalities.
If you are a Business Owner, you can apply for an L1 Visa:
L1 Visa is an excellent gateway to entrepreneurs who can launch their business in the US with minimal investment- be it a small business. Nevertheless, the business functioning outside the US should continue without any break (even if you enter the US with an L1 Visa). This Visa is for Business Owners who have had their business functioning outside the US for at least one year considering the last three years. The investment, too, need not be very high for the EB5 Immigration Investor Scheme (which is $900,000).
Many L1 Visa Owners shift to the EB1C Category as international executives to expedite procuring the Green Card.
Companies operating in the US can apply to the specific USCIS service center for an L1 intracompany transfer visa to transfer a professional to the US from their overseas operations. Employees who fall under this Category will, initially, be granted an L1 visa for up to three years. For a new office (that has been in operation for less than a year), the L1 Visa is granted one year.
There are two L1 Visas:
- L1A Visa for Executives and Managers
- L1 B Visa for the Specialized Knowledge Staff
The eligibility criterion for both these Visas is spelled quite meticulously. The employee who qualifies for this Visa is usually a highly skilled professional with a superior understanding of business functions, processes, and procedures. An L1 Visa for such an employee is usually granted for three years initially, which can be extended by two increments of two years each. So, in a nutshell, it is a total of seven years altogether.
For further help and counseling on the L1 Visa approach, VisaMint Overseas Services and book your consultation with a veteran L1 Visa expert. Getting an L1 Visa is a comprehensive process replete with documentation. To simplify things for you and kick-start the process, walk into one of the VisaMint Offices near you right away.