You may apply for the Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:
- You have £2,000,000 or more to invest in any UK Business
- You are 18 years of age or over
- You can prove that the money belongs to you or your husband, wife, or same-sex partner
- You have deposited the money in a UK regulated bank to use when you are in the UK
- Your money is in the UK or overseas at the time of application
- You have a Visa to work in the UK
The Processing Time
You can apply for this Visa just three months before your desired date to travel. However, if you want to travel sooner, you can apply with an additional fee. If you pay an additional 500 GBP, your application will be processed for decision in five days. Once you’ve got your decision letter, your biometric residence permit will take up to 10 working days to arrive.
You must pay £1,623 to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa. The fee is the same if you're extending or switching visas or if you're applying as a family member.
Matters pertaining to Healthcare surcharge
You must pay for the healthcare surcharge. Talk to a UK Investor Tier 1 Visa Expert in VisaMint Overseas Solutions to know how much you need to pay.
The Visa period
You can stay in the UK for a maximum period of 3 years and four months under the auspices of this Visa. You can apply for an extension for another two years.
What you can and cannot do under the auspices of this Visa
- work or study
- apply to settle after two years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle after three years if you invest £5 million
- apply to settle after five years if you invest £2 million
- work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- get public funds
- work as a doctor or dentist
Nevertheless, for Doctors and Dentists, the following conditions apply:
- If you have a primary degree from an accredited institution in the UK
- You already worked in the UK in the capacity of a doctor or a dentist
- Work restrictions were not part of your previous Visa
Settling down in the UK under the auspices of the UK Tier 1 Visa is easier than you imagine. You need to stop by at VisaMint Overseas Services to talk to our overseas investment experts. Consulting with them will help you explore amazing options available to you to utilize this Visa and land in the UK sooner.