Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is one of the oft favored Permanent Residence Programs. It is open for all the highly skilled professionals who have attained a plausible position that they are in today. You can make your skills work for you productively and settle down in Canada because you deserve the best. Canada honors Highly Skilled Workers. Canada acknowledges your skills faster than you and requests you apply in the Express Entry system.
To gain entry in Canada through the FSWP, you must fulfill several eligibility criteria that include work experience in a Canadian Shortage Occupation. Besides education, age arranged employment in Canada, language proficiency, and you also need to provide supporting attested documents that fulfill the FSWP eligibility conditions. The eligibility also demands you to demonstrate good health, character, and financial ability to support yourself in Canada.
Here are a few benefits of Canada Migration
- No job offer is required to apply for the Visa. One can qualify based on the skill set.
- Multiple Entry Visa (Initially granted for five years)
- Unemployment Benefits – One can claim unemployment benefits for self and family @ 543 CAD/week with the highest-earning insurance of 51,000 CAD/annum.
- Family visa – allows the spouse & children to accompany on a Permanent Residency.
- Legal Work Rights – For Self & Spouse (Applicant can settle and work in any part of Canada except the province of Quebec) Can take up any job offer Full time/Part-time irrespective of the Industry type.
- Free education – For children below 18 years (Public Funding Schools/Colleges), Concession in Higher education
- Medical Benefits - For the entire family (Public Funding Hospitals)
- Leads to Settlement - Can be eligible for Citizenship after four years (1460 days) of stay in Canada out of 6 years. Be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days of each year during the four years.
FSWP Application Fee:
The fee that you need for the Canadian Visa Application is as below:
- Principal applicant ($825 processing fee+$500 right of permanent residence fee)
- Spouse or common-law partner ($825+$500 right of permanent residence fee)
- A dependent child of the principal applicant who is under 22 ( $225 per child)
The other expenditure incurred is Canadian PR Card fees, language evaluation exam fee, and other requirements. Your immigration process commences once you complete your Online Express Entry profile.
You must be wondering if you are eligible for the FSWP. If your occupation falls under the below-mentioned categories, consider yourself to be eligible.
Management Jobs – Various kinds of managerial jobs in Canada are classified as Skill Type 0 in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), such as construction managers, engineering managers, financial managers, human resource managers, manufacturing managers, marketing managers, telecommunications managers, transportation managers, and utility managers – among many others.
Professional Jobs – Canadian jobs categorized in the NOC as Skill Level A usually require a university degree, including accountants, aerospace engineers, architects, audiologists, computer programmers, dentists, electrical engineers, financial analysts, geoscientists, mathematicians, mechanical engineers, occupational therapists, oceanographers, optometrists, petroleum engineers, pharmacists, physicians, psychologists, registered nurses, secondary school teachers, software engineers, university professors, veterinarians – and more!
Skilled Trades & Technical Jobs – Skill Level B jobs in Canada include many skilled trades or other technical occupations that require post-secondary education or training. Examples include aircraft mechanics, bakers, butchers, carpenters, chefs, crane operators, electricians, glaziers, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, logging machinery operators, machinists, medical laboratory technicians, oil and gas well drillers, plumbers, power engineers, and power systems operators, welders and many other technical occupations and skilled trades.
- It would help if your IELTS (for English) or TEF (for French) scores were ready to apply only through the Express Entry System.
- A favorable report of your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
- Once you file for the EEP and get nominated by the lottery system, a Canadian Immigration Official will evaluate the information you provided. If found eligible, you will be sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA). But for this, you need to have the highest scores when compared to other applicants vis-a-vis the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), or receives a Canadian Work Permit, or is nominated through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
After getting the ITA, the applicant will have 60 days to apply for the Canadian Visa Application. It takes almost 6 to 12 months to obtain the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). Upon this, your passport will be stamped, and you have to produce the same when asked by the officials at the Canadian Airport. This is how your journey as a Permanent Resident in Canada commences.
Canada always appreciates the skilled labor force because the country wants to stand at the forefront of one of the best economies in the world. Canada appreciates skilled workers and welcomes them to settle down in the country as a Permanent Resident.
Canada has thousands of job opportunities for skilled workers across the country. The Federal Skilled Workers Program is exactly for a person like you who has commendable hands-on experience in a domain and whose language proficiency can help them live in Canada without difficulty.
The FSWP is for Indians who have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the burgeoning Canadian economy. According to the Canadian Immigration Department, the Skilled Worker is a person who can be in high-demand managerial, technical and professional occupations owing to his education in a college or university or any other accredited advanced training.
Are you eligible for the FSWP?
By the end of 2022, Canada envisages almost 441,000 immigrants who would land in Canada to add value to their lives and contribute to Canada's growing economic needs. One of the best aspects of FSWP is that you can apply for Canadian Citizenship once you complete your tenure of at least three years under the aegis of FSWP.
FSWP places impetus on Language (English and sometimes French), education, age, and skill profile.
The FSWP is based on points that you gain several criteria such as:
- English/French Language Skills ( 28 points)
- Education (25 Points)
- Work Experience (25 Points)
- Age (12 Points)
- Canadian Job Offer ( 10 Points)
- Adaptability (10 Points)
Salient features of FSWP
- The federal skilled worker program (FSWP) is evaluated over a score of 100 for visa issuance.
- The cut-off for this Visa is a score of 67. It means that you have to score a total of 67 on 100 to procure this Visa.
- If you're highly skilled, you can apply for the Visa in the 'Express Entry Pool.'
- Express Entry Pool' comprises highly skilled applicants whose application process is evaluated based on different parameters.
Applying for FSWP is easy. Nevertheless, you need expert guidance for impeccable documentation. A small mistake might cost you heavily. Hence, approach VisaMint Overseas Services. Our expert Canadian Immigration Consultants will guide you through all the major steps involved in FSWP Application. Since Canada is on a spree to welcome Indians, you could be the lucky one to land there sooner.