Australia is yet another choicest destination for Indian Migrants. The reasons for choosing Australia are many. Here are a few spelled out clearly for your understanding:
- Free or subsidized healthcare for you and your family
- Free or subsidized education for your children
- Heavenly climatic conditions
- Beautiful cities
- An irresistible coffee culture
- Accentuated standard of living
- The Australian dollar
- You can become a citizen sooner
- Australian population is just 2.54 crores against India’s whopping 135 crores)
- Australian Dollar (53.79 Indian Rupee)
Different types of Visas for Australia
- Permanent Resident Visa
- Skilled Independent Visa
- Skilled Nomination Visa
- Skilled Regional Visa
- Study Visa
- Visit/Tourist Visa
Permanent Resident Visa
Australia is a beautiful country with great landscape and diverse opportunities for foreign nationals. Hence, many people choose to settle down in the island country. To settle down in another country you have to apply for a Permanent Residence Visa status. There are several Australia PR Visas by which you can achieve your goal to move to Australia permanently. However, you have to be eligible for it. Check the benefits & basic requirements given below.
Australia PR Visa Benefits
- Live, study and work permanently anywhere in Australia
- Include your dependent family members in the application
- Be eligible for Medicare services
- Sponsor your relatives
- Be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship
Skilled Independent Visa
The skilled independent visa is the most sought after Visa in the Australian Immigration category. Australia always is in need of talented workers, skilled workers as it is said in the immigration terminology. The Australian relocation division follows a point based score where the candidate must score a minimum of 65 points. The points encompass Age, Qualifications, Language Ability, Experience and others. Just if the candidate can satisfy the base point prerequisite and furthermore satisfy the necessities referenced in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) they can apply for Immigration to Australia. Candidates satisfying the minimum eligibility criterion don't have to make sure about sponsorship from the Australian states or domains.
Benefits of Skilled Independent Visa
- A permanent resident has the right to stay in Australia indefinitely
- A permanent resident has access to all the health care benefits under Medicare as well as certain social security benefits
- A permanent resident can apply for citizenship after staying in Australia for 4 years
- A permanent resident can sponsor his/ her family for permanent residency
- A permanent resident can get dependents if they comply with Australian immigration laws
The Australian government follows a point based system which the applicants have to fulfil to be eligible for immigration to Australia – the applicants have to secure a minimum of 65 points.
The criteria for the same are mentioned below:
- Age: The applicant should not be more than 45 years old
- Nominated Occupation: The applicants must be able to nominate an occupation in accordance to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as per their skills, qualifications and experience.
- English Language Ability: The applicants must prove that they meet the minimum requirements specified by the Australian Immigration department and to prove so they need to submit the score cards from different language assessment examinations like IELTS, TOEFLiBT, and PTE (A) etc.
- Experience: The applicants must be able to provide details of relevant work experience both inside Australia and outside as per the demands of Nominated occupation
- Education: The applicants must provide details of Education
- Skill Assessment: The applicants must secure a positive skill assessment report from the relevant authorities for filing of the application.
Skilled Regional Visa
The Skilled-Nominated (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) is an Australian state-sponsored visa for skilled people wishing to live and work in a regional or low population growth area in Australia.
- be invited to apply;
- be younger than 45 years of age when you are invited to apply;
- nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) OR the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
- have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation;
- have at least competent English;
- score at least 65 on the Points Test; AND
- meet the health and character requirements.
There are many benefits of procuring the student Visa for studying in Australia. The Visa will get you face-to-face with the vibrant Aussie lifestyle. You will also get to learn from a plethora of courses ranging from a Cambridge Language Proficiency courses to PhD. There are many beneficial things that Australian Student Visa offers. If you are interested in availing of most of the time you stay in Australia, you can pick up a part-time employment too. You can work for 20 hours a week; and work for unlimited during your academic breaks and vacations. That means four months of fulltime work! (3 Months summer break and 1 month winter break)
Quoting from the DIBP Website:
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Work stream.
- The Graduate Work stream is for international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation considered in demand in the Australian labour market, as indicated in the list of eligible skilled occupations. A visa in this stream is generally granted for 18 months.
- The Post-Study Work stream offers extended options for working in Australia to eligible graduates of a higher education degree. Under this stream, successful applicants are granted a visa with a visa period of two, three or four years’ duration, depending on the highest educational qualification they have obtained.
Here are a few more things that you need to know about the Australian Student Visa:
- Your Visa is eligible only until the period of your education (the minimum being 12 weeks and the maximum 52 weeks)
- Student Visa for Australia is AUD 506 and it is set
- You can have your Student Visa renewed as many times as you want
So, by availing the services of VisaMint Overseas Services, you can study in Australia sooner than you must have imagined.
Applying an ETA Tourist Visa for Australia is the easiest. The Visa is valid for twelve months. So, you can get the best from your stay in Australia. The Visa is electronically attached to your passport. You can apply for this Visa Online. Hence, you need to be very careful about the authenticity of the Immigration Consultant that you are collaborating with for the process. VisaMint Overseas Services is the best for knowing everything about Australia and initiating the application process for your choicest program.