Singapore Student Visa
An educational destination replete with natural beauty and at the same time; less burdensome!
Singapore is not only enveloped by natural beauty but is one of the most popular tourist destinations. There are many beautiful reasons to opt for Singapore as your destination for world-class Education. The country has leaped across multiple sectors peerlessly. This small island country with a population of 5.5 million is an eminent performer in multiple sectors. An academic degree from Singapore offers you many benefits. The first one being multiple job opportunities Singapore offers across the sectors.
There are many benefits of landing in Singapore as a student. The cost of Education is on the higher side, but not for the Asians. The Universities of Singapore offer many prestigious scholarships, which will make your academic sojourn feel like bliss.
- The Singapore Scholarship of the Embassy of the Republic of SingaporeLee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships at the National University of Singapore:
- INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership:
- INSEAD Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship
- ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship
- United World Colleges (UWC) International Youth Scholarships
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) -- Japan Scholarship Programs
- Science and Education for Agriculture and Development (SEARCA) Graduate Study Program:
Singapore is one of the best educational destinations in Asia. Asia is gaining prominence in the panorama of world-class Education. The degree that you attain in Singapore gets you wonderful job opportunities. Student-friendly policies, coupled with a plethora of employability options, make Singapore the thriving place for quality education.
To know more about these scholarships and the courses they facilitate, talk to one of the best education counselors in VisaMint Overseas Services. When it comes to Study Visa in Singapore, VisaMint is the best.
Courses, Universities and Expenses
Think of any course of your choice ranging from Architecture, Engineering, and Management to Social Science; Singapore has a profound course curriculum to offer. To know more about your choicest course and how to go about it, you need to take to Singapore Student Visa Expert in VisaMint Overseas Services. However, given below is the list of the top ten Universities in Singapore. There are many more.
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
- MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE OF SINGAPORE
- JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY SINGAPORE
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- PSB ACADEMY
- NANYANG POLYTECHNIC
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL-SCIENCES
Education in Singapore could be a costly affair. Although there are many scholarships available for the international students, the University fee of Singaporean colleges could be around $26,000 annually.
Given below is the average cost of study per annum for an international student:
- Diplomas- 1 - 2 years: Around S$8000 - S$15000
- Bachelors- 2-4 years: Around S$24,000- S$40,000
- Masters- 1- 1.5 years: Cost- S$ 18,000- S$30,000
Besides education students will also incur expenditure in the form of rent. If students opt for University Hostels it would certainly less. But if they opt for independent house, then the rent might be anywhere between S$800 to S$2000. Students can also live in off campus house. The rent of off campus hostel starts from Singaporean Dollar 400.
International Students can also opt for home stays in Singapore. In that case, they need to spend around S$900 to S$2000. This price is inclusive of food too.
To know how you can manage expenses in Singapore, you naturally have to talk with an Expert Singapore Immigration Consultant. VisaMint Overseas Services can help you to understand all the nuances of migrating to Singapore on a Student Visa.
Document Checklist for the Singapore Student Visa
- A valid passport
- Completed Student Visa Application Forms- ICA form 16 and formV36
- Application fee payment receipt, as you must pay S$30, which translates roughly to Rs 1,538. An issuance fee of S$60 (Rs 3,076) has to be paid once the Student's Pass is approved and issued.
- The offer letter: You need to have an offer of a place from a Singapore institute/university. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
- Two passport-sized photographs (if applicable)
- Bank Statements – Funds to be shown = Tuition fee + 8400 S$
- Fixed Deposit Receipts (if necessary)
- Bank loan sanction letter (if necessary)
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
- Test scores that your college required, such as the TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT
- How you will pay for all educational, living, and travel costs