VisaMint Overseas Services is one of the best Work Permit consultants in Ukraine. If you are interested in exploring the possibilities of landing in Ukraine with a work permit, do reach out to us sooner.
Here are a few requirements that you need to bear inside your mind if you plan to obtain a work permit in Ukraine.
- If you are planning to work in Ukraine, you need to have a work permit issued by the State Employment Service in Ukraine under article 42
- People who are already permanent residents of Ukraine need not have to hold a work permit to work there.
- Work permit in Ukraine is issued for three years
- Your work permit can get an extension after the three years
- It would help if you got the work permit renewed before it expires
- You will be offered employment in Ukraine only when there is no native to fill that specific employment opportunity
- In case this protocol is not abided by, and you need to pay a penalty of UAH 100,000,00
- The company files the work permit petition on behalf of you
- The work permit issued by a company is restricted only to that company. You cannot work elsewhere because it is illegal to do so
- If you want to invest in a business in Ukraine, you don’t require a work permit
- A work permit doesn’t mean citizenship of Ukraine. It only means that you are a temporary resident in the region
Here is the document checklist to apply for a work permit in Ukraine:
- copy of passport (translated into Ukrainian and certified by the notary);
- one color photo (the size of 3.5 x 4.5 centimeters);
- draft employment contract (certified by the director of Ukrainian company);
As of 2021, the state fees for the Ukrainian employment permits are:
1 – 3 years
UAH 13 620,00
Six months – 1 year
UAH 9 080,00
1 – 6 months
UAH 4 540,00
You need to pay only after the decision has been made to employ you. The payment has to be made within ten working days. If the payment is made after ten days, your work permit will be canceled.
The law of Ukraine defines the special categories of foreigners suitable for employment as:
- is a founder and a shareholder and/or an Ultimate Beneficial Owner of a company that will obtain a Ukrainian work permit;
- applies to hold a position that provides for the creation of objects of copyright and (or) related rights as the main labor;
- high qualified IT expert;
- has a degree of higher education (according to the relevant category of the profession) of one of the educational institutions ranked in the first hundred in one of such world rankings:
- Times Higher Education;
- Academic Ranking of World Universities;
- QS World University Rankings by Faculty;
- Webometrics Ranking of World Universities;
Who is eligible to get a Work Permit in Ukraine?
Any skilled person who doesn't have a criminal record can work in Ukraine irrespective of their nationality.
- foreign citizens who a foreign employer sends to Ukraine to perform a certain amount of work (services) based on contracts concluded between the domestic and foreign business entities; the percentage of qualified foreigners employed under the agreement does not exceed half of the total number of people working for Conditions of the contract;
- foreigners who are classified as “intra-corporate transferees” according to the schedule of specific obligations in the service sector, the Protocol on Ukraine’s accession to the WTO (Article II of the General Agreement on Trade in Services);
The detailed procedure for the employment permit, state fees, terms, and requirements are regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
It is not required to obtain a work permit for the following categories of citizens:
- foreign citizens who have a permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- official refugees, under the legislation of Ukraine;
- individuals that have obtained an immigration permit;
- foreigners who are recognized as persons in need of additional protection or who are granted temporary protection in Ukraine;
- representatives of foreign maritime (river) fleet and airlines that serve such companies on the territory of Ukraine;
- employees of foreign media who are accredited to work in Ukraine;
- professional athletes, artists, and art workers to work in Ukraine;
- workers of emergency services for urgent work;
- employees of foreign representative offices (registered in the territory of Ukraine in accordance with the procedure established by the law);
- ecclesiastics, clergymen who are to reside in Ukraine temporarily (on the ground of invitation of the religious organization) for canonical or religious activity only in such religious organization;
- foreigners who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects;
- foreigners who arrived to conduct teaching and scientific activity in higher education institutions, universities, etc.;
- other foreigners in cases provided by laws and international treaties of Ukraine;
The documentation process for immigration is both complex and exhaustive. Until you consult with an Immigration and Work Permit expert in VisaMint Overseas Careers, you will not obtain clarity on matters related to work permits. Please stop by any of our branches and have your doubts about the Ukrainian Work permit clarified right away!